Foresight is an international, peer-reviewed online journal concerned with the study of the future. The Special issue will include a set of critical papers, essays, and book reviews on the specified theme. For the Foresight journal’s Special Issue on the theme “Futures of Research and Innovation”, papers are invited that look at developments in research and innovation system including both the public and private facets of the system as well as institutional and behavioural perspectives. In addition to the exploration of possible futures, the theme of the Special Issue also calls for considerations for robust policies and new strategies for research and innovation.
A pre-application process towards full submissions will be undertaken (i.e. submission of abstracts for approval) for efficiency.
- Development of institutional basis of research and innovation
- Epistemic changes in the research and innovation activity
- Change of research practices
- Change of researchers’ careers
- Stakeholder views on future STI
- Policy challenges and options for STI policy in the future
Deadline for the submission of abstracts is 07.10.2013
Detailed information is available at: